The SPORTS FEDERATION & OLYMPIC COMMITTEE OF HONG KONG, CHINA, is responsible for the promotion of Olympism and sports in Hong Kong. We are now looking for the right candidate to fill up of the following posts under Retired Athletes Transformation Programme (RATP) on contract basis, which is renewable subject to the prevailing conditions.
Post 1: Assistant Manager / Ref. AM(RATP)
The AM(RATP) will mainly be responsible:
- To manage and administrate the RATP with timeline and workflow;
- To assist in formulating and implementing the publicity and promotion plan for the RATP;
- To assist in inviting the applications from retired athletes, Sports Organizations (SO) and schools;
- To collect and verify the applications from eligible retired athletes, SO and schools for the RATP in order to prepare the successful application list to CSTB for consideration;
- To manage a database for RATP eligible retired athletes and update the database regularly;
- To place the SO / Schools’ open recruitment advertisement through website or other channels for retired athletes’ information;
- To vet payments and reports from successful SO and schools before submitting to CSTB for releasing funding regularly;
- To plan and organize on-job trainings under RATP.
- To conduct site visits at SO / Schools in order to review the programme implementation;
- To prepare the progress and financial report to CSTB quarterly;
- To organize the induction course for successful retired athletes enrolled in the RATP; and
- To coach and supervise subordinate staff to discharge his / her duties.
Applicants should have:
- a recognized university degree in Sports / Physical Education / Recreation or equivalent qualification with strong sports background;
- at least four years’ working experience in schools / sports sector;
- knowledge in the Hong Kong sports development is a must;
- strong sense of responsibility, self-motivated, independent and devoted to serve athletes;
- good communication and interpersonal skills
- knowledge in computer applications such as MS Office; and
- good command in Chinese and English.
Post 2: Officer / Assistant Officer / Ref. O/AO(RATP)
The O/AO(RATP) will mainly be responsible to:
- assist in the implementation of RATP with timeline and workflow;
- manage the database for the programme;
- conduct site visits at SO / Schools in order to review the programme implementation;
- assist in handling application from athletes, school and sports organisations;
- assist in vetting payments and reports from benefitting organisations;
- assist in conducting induction training / annual briefing to athletes, schools and sports organisations;
- assisting in vetting applications and payments from athletes for Education Subsidies;
- assist the matters relating to the publicity and promotion of the programme; and
- support any ad hoc event and undertake any other duties as directed by the superiors.
Applicants should have:
- a recognized university degree (preferable in sports, leisure or physical education); or equivalent qualification with strong sports background;
- a minimum of one-year full-time working experience;
- good knowledge in computer applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Chinese Word Processing);
- good command in Chinese and English;
- be self-motivated, ability to work independently, good communications; and
- willing to work during non-office hours.
All short-listed applicants will be invited to attend a written and computer test. Suitable candidate may be offered similar post of similar ranking in other divisions of the Federation. Potential candidate with less working experience might be offered a post at lower ranking.
Successful candidates will be appointed on contract basis with monthly basic salary plus gratuity equals to 5% of the total basic salary drawn during the period of contract upon satisfactory completion of the contract. Fringe benefits include MPF, medical, paid leave and employee’s insurance.
Interested parties should send full resume with current and expected salary to the Hon. Treasurer, Sports Federation & Olympic Committee of Hong Kong, China, 2/F, Olympic House, 1 Stadium Path, So Kon Po, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong on or before 17 March 2023. Please mark [Ref. AM(RATP) / O/AO(RATP)] on the envelope.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Personal data provided will be used strictly in accordance with the Personal Data Policies. Applicants who do not hear from us within 4 weeks after the closing date may assume their applications unsuccessful. All information on unsuccessful candidates will be destroyed within 6 months.