The SPORTS FEDERATION & OLYMPIC COMMITTEE OF HONG KONG, CHINA (SF&OC) is responsible for the promotion of Olympism and sports in Hong Kong. We are now looking for high calibre professionals to fill the following posts on a contract basis.
The main duties of the DM(MCR) include:
- assisting the head of the division in the overall supervision of the Marketing and Community Relations Division’s day-to-day operation;
- overseeing the formulation and implementation of corporate communication strategies and publicity programmes for SF&OC, including community outreach via the unit of the Hong Kong Olympic Fan Club, collaborations with various external parties, sponsors and government organisations, etc.;
- providing advice on matters relating to marketing and public relations of SF&OC events and activities, as well as international multi-sports games;
- identifying areas of concern, recommending solutions and managing issues/crisis in a timely manner;
- formulating and executing plans to use social media and website for public engagement;
- supervising multi-media production, publications, etc. for SF&OC events and activities, and coordinating public access to such information;
- working closely with external service providers on promotion campaigns and related services; and
- performing any other duties as assigned.
- a recognized university degree, preferably in communications/public relations/journalism or a related discipline;
- have substantial and relevant experience in journalism, publicity, multi-media and public education services, or equivalent. Familiar in local media scene is a must;
- have working experience in a sizable or public organisation;
- excellent command of written and spoken Chinese and English;
- excellent management, interpersonal and problem-solving skills;
- with the ability to deal effectively with a wide spectrum of work and people; and
- be willing to work occasionally outside office hours.
*Candidates with less experience would be considered as Assistant Manager.
- a recognized diploma/university degree, preferably in marketing/communications/public relations or a related discipline;
- experience in relevant post-qualification work experience in marketing, sponsorship, partnership, and/or event management; possession of experience in public and/or government organizations would be an advantage;
- good command of written and spoken Chinese and English;
- good interpersonal skills and abilities to actively contribute with a strong sense of responsibility to work with tight deadlines; and
- be willing to work occasionally outside of the office and in irregular hours.
All short-listed applicants will be invited to attend a written test.
The successful candidate(s) will be appointed on a contract basis. Fringe benefits include MPF, medical, paid leave and employee’s insurance. The successful candidate(s) will be offered the post at a salary subject to his/her background and work experience.
Interested parties should send full resume with current and expected salary to the Hon. Treasurer, Sports Federation & Olympic Committee of Hong Kong, China, 2/F, Olympic House, 1 Stadium Path, So Kon Po, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong on or before 14 February 2024. Please mark [Ref.: DM(MCR)] on the envelope.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Personal data provided will be used strictly in accordance with the Personal Data Policies. Applicants who do not hear from us within 4 weeks after the closing date may assume their applications unsuccessful. All information on unsuccessful candidates will be destroyed within 6 months.