Job Position / Title
Events Operations Officer
Room 2001, Olympic House, 1 Stadium Path, So Kon Po, Hong Kong
- To manage the delivery of domestic rugby tournaments and events.
- The core task of this post is to work closely and cooperate with different sections of the rugby operations department, to ensure a successful delivery of assigned domestic rugby tournament and events.
- Furthermore the post may require working with other external stakeholders of the rugby operations department e.g. LCSD, HKSSF, District Sports Association etc.
- Able to effectively plan the delivery of an event or tournament. This includes designing the event/tournament schedule, estimations of resources required, and to execute/monitor the delivery of the event/tournament.
- Cooperate with different sections of the rugby operations department to ensure the successful delivery of the event/tournament e.g. facility team, referee, medical, volunteers etc.
- To follow and obtain all statutory requirements related to the event/tournament e.g. application of licenses.
- To administer event/tournament budgets and related payments.
- To produce all necessary event/tournament reports.
- Coordination of domestic rugby activities and events organised by the HKRU, and to facilitate the support and delivery of the activities/events within different sections of the relevant departments.
HK$17,000 - 24,200 (Subject to years of training and working experience)
- Staff medical insurance
- Annual leave of 15 days
- Monthly travel reimbursement subsidy
- Monthly mobile subsidy
Number of working days per week
Number of working hours per day
- A university degree in Sport management or in a related field preferable.
- A sports background, post qualification in sports or related fields (knowledge in rugby will be an advantage).
- Good command of spoken and written Chinese is required (good command of English is an advantage).
- A detailed minded person, with effective communication and organizational skills.
- Attention to details, effective management and coordination skills are key assets for the appointed individual. Knowledge and experiences, of rugby events/tournaments operations is beneficial.
- Weekend and evening work may be required irregularly. Time off in lieu will be given to staff for the weekend and evening work conducted.
Retired athletes wish to enroll in the programme have to fulfill ALL the following eligibility criteria
- Must be retired athletes;
- Have retired for no more than six years by the time of making first application under the Programme*;
- Have attained secondary education or above;
- Have received at least two years of training for senior athletes*; and
- Have represented Hong Kong at least once in an international competition (including the National Games or the National Championships)*
*A confirmation signed by the relevant national sports association (NSA) is required.
Interested athletes please contact HKACEP at 2504 8113 for enquiry.