The SPORTS FEDERATION & OLYMPIC COMMITTEE OF HONG KONG, CHINA, is responsible for the promotion of Olympism and sports in Hong Kong. We are now looking for the right candidate to fill up the post of Assistant Manager (Corporate Governance) [Ref. AM(CG)] on contract basis, which is renewable subject to the prevailing conditions.
The AM(CG) will be responsible to:
- assist to conduct interviews with Office Bearers and key staff of Member Associations on the corporate governance review;
- assist to research, analyse and review of the documents from the Member Associations;
- assist to review Member Associations’ compliance with the requirements of the Olympic Charter, the Code of Ethics of IOC and Articles of Association of SF&OC, etc. and implementation of the ICAC’s Best Practice Reference;
- assist to organize briefing sessions/ seminars to SF&OC Member Associations for the review exercise on the governance of Member Associations;
- liaise with Member Associations to secure their support to the briefing sessions and review interviews;
- collate the documents, findings and observations from the Member Associations including their Articles of Associations, the composition of their executive boards and election mechanisms, financial reporting and auditing compliances, selection of athletes and appeal mechanism, etc. for audit review;
- assist to answer questions raised by Member Associations; and
- provide secretariat and administration support to the Corporate Governance Team.
Applicants should have:
- a recognized university degree with sports management/ administration/ legal/ audit or relevant disciplines preferred;
- at least three years’ experience in administrative and liaison works;
- working experiences in sports related committee and/or audit works and knowledge in the Hong Kong sports development are advantages;
- good knowledge and working experience in common computer applications;
- good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese; and
- good communication and interpersonal skills.
All short-listed applicants will be invited to attend a written test. Successful candidate will be offered the post at a salary subject to his background and work experience.
Successful candidate will be appointed on contract basis with monthly basic salary plus gratuity equals to 5% of the total basic salary drawn during the period of contract upon satisfactory completion of the contract. Fringe benefits include MPF, medical, paid leave and employee’s insurance.
Interested parties should send full resume with current and expected salary to the Hon. Treasurer, Sports Federation & Olympic Committee of Hong Kong, China, 2/F, Olympic House, 1 Stadium Path, So Kon Po, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong on or before 13 September 2021. Please mark [Ref. AM(CG)] on the envelope.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Personal data provided will be used strictly in accordance with the Personal Data Policies. Applicants who do not hear from us within 4 weeks after the closing date may assume their applications unsuccessful. All information on unsuccessful candidates will be destroyed within 6 months.