Established in 1914, the Hong Kong Football Association (HKFA) is the national sports association for football in Hong Kong. We are committed to enhance football development in Hong Kong. Over the past years, HKFA has been effective in broadening the base of participants and expanding various development programmes on community football covering grassroots and youth football, women’s football and futsal. We provide coaching education and referee training courses to increase the supply of qualified coaches and referees to support player development and improve the standards of refereeing. We also organize football leagues, local and international competitions.
Based on the solid groundwork laid in the past years, the continual collaborations with football stakeholders as well as funding support from the FIFA, AFC, the Government of the HKSAR, the Hong Kong Jockey Club and other sponsors, we keep moving in the right directions for the implementation of our new HKFA five year strategic plan, namely “The Vision 2025 Strategic Plan”, which the major goals identified vary from increased participation opportunities for all , viz. “Football for Everyone” to a long-term target of a Hong Kong men senior team going to the FIFA World Cup in 2034.
Our future success depends on the diverse talent and performance of dedicated employees. We now call for applications to fill this position which is financially supported by the Home Affairs Bureau’s Arts and Sports Development Fund. The position is under the Technical Development Department in the organization structure of HKFA. Reporting to the Head Coach, the appointee is responsible for the following:
- Be responsible for coordinating all off-field football activities and ensure players and staff are provided with the necessary support to perform at the highest level as well as providing support to the Head Coach
- Develop football budget through consultation with Head Coach
- Be the liaison person among coaching staff, Head Coach and support staff, and clubs
- Manage support staff so they are fully aware of their responsibilities
- Be responsible for developing and implementing players’ code of conduct for HKFA Representative Teams and other relevant policies so players are fully aware of their responsibilities
- Develop a check list for a systematic operational plan
- Inform domestic, overseas clubs of players selection and training requirements
- Guide administrative staff to coordinate all logistics preparation and on-site logistics operations
- Attend all Team Managers functions and Technical Meetings for international events and fulfill requirements including submission of team sheets and match reports
- Follow up all medical procedures and insurance claims in a timely manner
- Ensure all protocols are followed for international games e.g. exchange of gifts, dress codes, drug testing, players attendance to official functions etc.
- Coordinate testing, conditioning and medical support for representative teams
- Support the Club License Manager on the sporting criteria part in the Technical Document assessment
- Assist the Club License Manager by providing support to the license applicants regarding their technical document preparation
- Assist the Club License Manager with the monitoring of Youth Academies in the Premier Youth League (PYL) and the Elite Youth Scheme
- Monitor the Premier Youth League (PYL) clubs and all academies that apply for the Elite Youth Scheme by doing on-field visit on monthly basis
- Provide assessment report every 3 months on Premier Youth League (PYL) clubs and academies involved in the Elite Youth Scheme
- Conduct at least one surprise visit (Spot check) a year to all Youth teams in the Premier Youth League (PYL) and the Elite Youth Scheme
- Support the Club License Manager in making an assessment document for all teams involved in the Premier Youth League (PYL) and the Elite Youth Scheme
Qualifications and Experience
- A sports related degree or equivalent experience in high performance football management/coaching
- Preferably AFC A license with at least five years relevant experience in high performance football field
- Experience in International Football
- Understanding of both Domestic and International Football in relation to Hong Kong is desirable
- Outstanding organizational, communication and people management skills
- Effective leader with a proven track record of successfully leading teams
- Experience in developing and executing logistics plans and managing sports teams at elite level
- Show initiative and has a positive attitude to problem solving
- Effective administrator who has experience producing planning documents and reports
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and ability to communicate in Chinese (Cantonese) is advantageous
The successful candidate will be offered on a contract term employment. Starting salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Our employee benefits include Group Medical and Life Insurance to the right candidate.
The information provided by the applicants will be treated in strict confidence and will only be used for the purpose of considering your employment application.
Interested athletes please contact HKACEP at 25048126 or 61839499 for more information and application.